C7 Rims on F-body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C7 Rims on F-body

Anyone know if the C7 stingray rims will fit an F-body? I know they are 19/18 combo. Any fitment issues or spacers required?

Also, does anyone have photos of these rims on an F-body. No matter the color…

Click image for larger version

Name:	5787DACA-1A64-4EB7-BC42-0E7D34A514BC.jpeg
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	1578153

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

They’ll fit, Goggle C7 rims on Fbody, it brings up LS1tech, has some threads and pics, looks good. Later on I might do some 18’s but it will be awhile. They say OEwheels is a good place to look. Just reread your post, don’t know about Stingray rims. Might be in those threads on LS1tech.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-29-2022, 05:19 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Must be my internet I can't find anything on google and I can only find a few threads on LS1tech with none of them giving any confident answers. I made a post over there too but it's been crickets.

Comment

Yeah it’s pulling up picks of the stingray C7’s on the F body , I’ll see if I can post some here for you.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Here’s one. Click image for larger version

Name:	F790A809-156C-4942-82A0-A0BE74B2F6B4.png
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	1578163

Comment

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ims-fbody.html

Comment

This what I gathered from reading a few posts, C7 Stingray rims have a different bolt pattern but aftermarket companies make them for F bodies.

Comment

That one link you posted Steve had the exact rims on the TA. Looks like they needed a 1.25” spacer to do it. Question is where can I buy a high quality 1.25” spacer that isn’t cheap chinese crap…

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  That one link you posted Steve had the exact rims on the TA. Looks like they needed a 1.25” spacer to do it. Question is where can I buy a high quality 1.25” spacer that isn’t cheap chinese crap…
                  I got my 1” spacers from Summit, I think it’s been over 10 years, not sure.

Comment

Ok, from what I can find out the base model C7 rims like the one pictured above is the following size:

Rear Wheel - 19x10 79mm offset
                    Front Wheel - 18x8.5 56mm offset

I have read that for rear rims with that offset to work I would need to run a 1.25" spacer - is that true? I think these sound like they might be similar spec to the OEM C6 rims? What size bore/hub would I need to get for my spacer?

Am I correct in assuming that the front will not need a spacer to work? Did anyone that runs this type of offset wheel need to eliminate the rear bump stops?

Comment

I had a factory Vette 17 and 18 combo on my 2001 Bird and I needed to remove the bump stops I also needed to remove the brackets with a sawzall.

Comment

Originally posted by transamtom1 View Post
                        I had a factory Vette 17 and 18 combo on my 2001 Bird and I needed to remove the bump stops I also needed to remove the brackets with a sawzall.
                        really? My 18/17 setup is fine. I never needed to remove the bump stop or brackets. Did you have an adjustable panhard rod?

I am going to look at and hopefully grab the C7’s tonight. I need to order the 1.25” spacers for the back. Probably going to order the spacers to the states so test fitment will need to wait.

Excited for the setup…

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post

really? My 18/17 setup is fine. I never needed to remove the bump stop or brackets. Did you have an adjustable panhard rod?

I am going to look at and hopefully grab the C7’s tonight. I need to order the 1.25” spacers for the back. Probably going to order the spacers to the states so test fitment will need to wait.

Excited for the setup…
                          Nice Mike, should look outstanding on your Camaro.

Comment

Almost didn’t grab them, but came to a deal and I pulled the trigger. Now they sit ready to be installed when I fetch the rest of my parts…

Click image for larger version

Name:	3D0C1220-900A-4510-9687-CAB01667E9B7.jpeg
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	1578196

Comment

That’s cool they came with the tires, how much were they? I thought they’d be installed by now.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X