ABS Delete Harness Modification for '02 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABS Delete Harness Modification for '02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Delete Harness Modification for '02

Hey everyone,

I deleted the ABS module in my '02 Camaro to make room for my line lock and a catch can. The plumbing and solenoid wiring is no issue, but I'm not sure what to do about my existing wires yet. The ABS INOP light is on, but I'll probably just remove the bulb. I'm not sure about that big plug though. I'm thinking that I'll just cut it off at an angle, tape up each individual wire, and tuck them into the existing split conduit. Maybe for a cleaner installation of the line lock I'll supply my power from it. I don't know yet.

There are tons of write-ups out there for the line lock and ABS deletes, but none of them seem to address these issues. Does anybody have some insight for me? Thanks! Enjoy my rusty car.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Prop valve 2 2-20.jpg
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	1575522

Nice, and wow that’s rusty.lol I haven’t seen to many with abs delete, looks like a lot more room. I’d just do like you said a tape them up.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      Nice, and wow that’s rusty.lol I haven’t seen to many with abs delete, looks like a lot more room. I’d just do like you said a tape them up.
      lol Yes, it is. You should see the floor. I've replaced almost all of it besides the tunnel. I'm just tackling it in little bits at a time.

Comment

When I did my abs delete I just tucked the wires aside. You can trace them back one at a time and remove them if you would like. Keep in mind you may want to reference a wiring diagram if you are going to do that so that you don’t disrupt any other systems that may be wired in parallel.

I would personally also avoid just cutting them part way down to avoid moisture getting into your tape job and causing funny stuff like shorts to happen

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by v6buick View Post

lol Yes, it is. You should see the floor. I've replaced almost all of it besides the tunnel. I'm just tackling it in little bits at a time.
          Where do you live that you get so much rust? I’m glad I’m in AZ no rust here.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Haha the car is originally a daily driver from the Chicago suburbs. It would also spend weeks at the O'Hare parking lot. I live just south of Indianapolis which is much better but still salty in the winter time. Oddly with these cars is that the body can look so good but the parts you can't see are what get really ugly.

Luckily I have a factory service manual, so getting connector pin-outs and such is no problem for me. I just really didn't want to tear up the harness loom too much. That can turn into a big can of worms pretty quickly. lol I'll figure something out.

Comment

This was what I was working on last night before I ran out of shielding gas. It's coming along slowly but surely.

Name:	Big pass patch 2 2-20.jpg
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	1575534

Comment

Nice, looking good.

Comment

Back from the dead. I should clarify That I'm really not worried about the wires themselves. That can be dealt with easily. I want to know how to turn the lights off. The ABS inop will be easy since I don't care if it works anymore. However, it would be nice for the "brake" and "service vehicle" lights to continue working as usual without the ABS. I have a Tech 2, so I should be able to figure out which codes are being thrown, figure out how they get triggered, and fake them into a "good" state if need be, I'm just hoping somebody has already done that research for me! Thanks

Name:	After first real drive 4-20.jpg
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	1576211

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X