Question about front spindles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about front spindles...

Did anyone out there change their spindle bearings and/or re-grease them? If so, what was the milage on your car? I'm getting closer to the 80k mile marker and I'm thinking of checking the spindles out to make sure they are okay. I realize the grease fittings are sealed off pretty good, but maybe the bearings may need a little attention from the high mileage.
    Thanx,
    Marc.
    sigpic

Our bearings are sealed, they don't need to/can't be greased.

If ya ask me, which you didn't, it sucks. To replace the bearings you have to replace the entire hub, which they charge a $180 for at NAPA.

They are supposed to be good for the life of the car. So unless you are getting vibrations/humming that you have tracked down to the bearings, it probably isn't worth the $360 to replace them.
    <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

I'm not getting any signs of vibration or humming from the car, I just didn't know if the bearings had to be serviced during the car's life expectancy. Cool, they (supposedly) last the life of the car? Keeps my hands from getting bigtime greasy. Thanx!
      -Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X