Wheel bearing question ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel bearing question ...

Installed my LSD last weekend and when I filled up the diff housing it took a little over 2 qts. Was a little worried about overfilling, and now I have some slight seep from the driver's side wheel bearing seal.

Are the wheel bearings on our vehicles packed with the typical wheel bearing grease? and can seepage of gear oil from the diff "wash" out the wheel bearing grease? Do I need to worry about replacing the seal and repacking the wheel bearing ?
    associate of <b><i>VENOM VI</i></b><br /><br />2000 WS6 Pewter TransAm M6<br /><b>NOT</b> stock<br /><b>330/346 rwhp/rwtq </b><br />(pre-headers)<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 Camaro M5 (the Silver Bullet) w/lot\'s of bolt-on\'s<br />-Ryan\'s car now-<br />60\': <b><i>2.165</i></b><br />1/8 run: <b><i>9.494 @ 72.57 mph<br />209rwhp/253rwtq</i></b>

I am %90 sure these are not packed bearings, that is what the diff lube is for. Also these bearings are pressed on the axles. I would be willing to bet you just need to replace the seal this will of course require you to pull the axle completely out and honestly if you are going to do one might as well do both. You might have bumped the seal or something like that when you slid out the axles to put in the lsd.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X