well guys, fixed one problem, now a new one, please help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well guys, fixed one problem, now a new one, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well guys, fixed one problem, now a new one, please help!

Well I wanted to let everyone know that I fixed my idle problem. My car now idles exactly to what my autoxray says. Was the EGR and IAC valve. No biggey, besides the EGR bolt on the back side was cross-threaded, so I had to use a nut and bolt/lockwasher. Now I got a new problem.

Now when I was cleaning my air filter today, and was reaching around the lower ball joints, I noticed that the boots were gone on one side, and on the other side there was shreds of a boot. What a bummer.

Kragen want's $13.99 per ball joint, and sears want's $30.99 per ball joint. For sears to install the ball joints, they rated it at 2 hours for both sides. Total was $180 somethin. I am like damm.......a lot of money.

So what I want to know is, are the lower ball joint's hard to replace? Can you remove them and stick new one's in fairly easy? Is it worth just paying someone to put these in?

Please let me know,
    Chris

I would say it might help to post this in suspension but basically everyone comes here too. If I were you I would buy the ball joints from the first place and then goto sears or a garage that specializes in suspenison. You probably wouldn't want to mess with all the things involved.
    1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

It actually isn't that hard a job, you just need to get a ball joint separator, a big sedge hammer, and a whole slew of curse words ;)

Of course when you get done you will need an alignment as well.

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
      -Jason<br />Black 1993 Pontiac Firebird -Retired<br />Black 2002 Pontiac Trans Am -Sold-<br />Green 1996 Corvette Convertible -Sold-<p>In the market for \'67-\'73 Firebird!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X