Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS and differential questions

Hello everyone,

My car's ABS INOP light has been on for some time now. I've tried every suggested fix, but nothing helpred. I took the car to the dealer, and was told that the ABS 'ground' wire is damaged and needs replacing. I could not find a reference to this wire in the Haynes manual. Does anybody know where this wire is located?

I've changed the rear differential fluid yesterday, and today I got under the car after a 30 min drive to check for leaks. I found no leaks, but the differential cover was really hot. Is it normal for the rear end to get that hot, or could the fluid level be low?

Thank you,

Dmitriy (96 Firebird)

Don't know, but I need to find that wire is also.

TTT for you.

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: EyeOutThere ]</p>
    <b>LS1 RX7! </b> &#0124;&#0124; <a href=\"http://www.no-bling.com/image_galleries/index.php?action=viewgallery&gallery=galleries/eyeoutthere_LS1_FC\" target=\"_blank\">Full Gallery</a> <br /><br />LT1 Header Informtion/survey

Comment

I was redoing some of the wiring in my car and I recieved the ABS INOP and Airbag warning lights. I had removed the ground wire running from the battery to the passenger side front wheel well ground point. I had upgraded the ground wires for a stereo system and when I removed them, without replacing the original, I got those lights. So if the ground is in the same place as it is in my 94 then there is a possible location to check. I had the two system wires bolted to the car, but I still had a problem until I connected a lead directly to them. Did you change any wires before the problem happended?

Comment

No, I did not replace any wires, except the spark plug ones, but I will check that location. Thanks for your reply, Backfire [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X