air pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air pressure

For city/highway driving what is the recommended air pressure for stock tires on an 01 firebird? I know the max psi is 44 - I've been keeping it around 38psi per a recommendation from a friend. I just want to make sure this is not too underinflated, and see what everyone else is running. As always I want the best performance without jeopardizing safety and tire wear.
    01 Firebird <br />Whisper Lid - K&N<br />Raised Air Lid - Free Ram Air<br />Borla Cat-Back Quad tips<br />3.42s with lsd on the way

I keep mine around 30 thats what the door sticker says to do. My tires are doing ok.
    2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

I run 34~37 check them a couple times a month.
      &gt;&gt;OH 1 FIREBIRD SunsetOrangeMetalic<br />Not at All Stock

Comment

Somewhere between 32-35 up front and 30-32 in the rear is all you need. 30 all the way around isn't bad but you can pickup a few mpg going to 34 up front I've found, however the ride does harshen. 38 cold is too high unless your AutoXing.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

34 all the way around..i run kumho ecsta 712..

btw go to the Sick Sixx Forum.. all the cool people post in there, and we are all local..

Jeff W

Comment

On my stock tires. 35 was the best. You can get technical and go 34 or 32 or 37 and different with front and rear, but I ran 35 in all of them after experimenting for a year, and it wore the smoothest.
            Also if you look closer at your door sticker, it says for high speed usage, go 35 psi all. I consider my driving style "High Speed" :D .
            35 all the way around man, can't go wrong with that. Simple.
            1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
            1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I put 30 PSI, Cold on my 235/55 Goodyears b4. I had them on 32 but it wears out the center treads more than the outer, so I would put 30 PSI, just like the MANUFACTURERS recommended pressure. 35 PSI is more for a long highway trip.

Now I have 245/50s Dunlops, BADAZZ looking treads and sidewalls, and put 32 PSI cause that's what the Z28 uses.
              [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
              1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X