PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE SOMEONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION!!

Iv made 5 topics on this question and no one has actually been able to answer it!!!

these tire sizes...
    235 50 18
    245 55 18
    If i put them on my eagle 077 18x8 rims....
    IS the tire too tall??? I know a 245 40 will fit just fine.. but i saw a great deal on those sizes.... my question basicly is... will they rub at all ?
    if it helps they are
    BF GOODRICH G FORCE KDWS TIRES

wish i could help but I only have 16" :( wheels.

Comment

Stock diameter is about 26.16 inches ... assuming 215/60R16 tires.

Somebody check my math on this:

235/50R18 yields a wheel diameter of 27.25 inches.
      245/55R18 yields a wheel diameter of 28.61 inches.

If you've lowered your car ... maybe this isn't a good idea. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      You can achieve anything for which you are prepared to pay the price.<br /> --ATTILA THE HUN

Comment

Comment

and if i havnt lowered my car?

Comment

I know of a few people who have 275/60/15's for back tires, that's a 28" tall tire. The front is where you would have to be worried though if it will rub anything while turning. My stock tires were 26.18" and now I have 25.65" tall tires. You might try finding somebody local with that size tire and seeing if it rubs on the front anywhere. Why not go with a lower aspect ratio like 45 or 40?

It's easy to build a quick page in spreadsheet to figure out the sizes. The first number is tire width in milimeters. There's 2.54cm in an inch. The second number is a percentage of the width to height. Just double that and add your wheel diameter and there ya go.

Oh yeah, apiccola, I checked your math, those are right.

[ December 02, 2002: Message edited by: Ttop34 ]</p>
            1997 Nassau Blue Vette<br />1989 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 (lifted with 31\" tires)<br />2000 V6 Camaro, loud, cammed 210rwhp *SOLD*

Comment

it will definitely be close... i would suggest going with a smaller size if possible
              <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

Why do you want a tall tire with an 18" rim? Apiccola was right...

235/50R18 yields a wheel diameter of 27.25 inches.
                245/55R18 yields a wheel diameter of 28.61 inches.

Stock ride hight is about 26.2 inches IF your stock tires are a 235/55/16. Now if you don't want your speedometer to be off, and want to retain the same overall diameter to ensure that nothing will rub.... then use a 245/40/18. You will have about the same diametere, and width so nothing should rub. Hope that helps. ;)
                Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X