good shocks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good shocks?

getting springs and shocks soon, and need suggestions for shocks... i dont want decarbons, but bilsteins are a little pricy, is there a middle man here that i dont know about if so please someone lemme know i wanna spend around $100-150 for shocks, and its more for street use, and some drag racing...

merlin

oh yeah im going with the 1LE springs to retain stock height and stiffen it up... other susp is, bmr lca's relocation brackets, 1le sway bars, poly bushings, bmr adj. phr., and slp sfc's(soon)

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: redbird00 ]</p>
    2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Sadly no, unless you think you can live with KGB AYX's... Maybe Tokicos? I've heard little about the latter, and the KYB's seem to be coming back with negative opinions especially on their poor adjustability.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
      the KYB's seem to be coming back with negative opinions especially on their poor adjustability.<hr></blockquote>

They do the job for me. They're definetly not the best, but I've never had a problem with them. I've noticed a big difference in stiffness between the 1 and 8 settings. Where do you keep hearing these negative opinions?
      ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dojo2000:

They do the job for me. They're definetly not the best, but I've never had a problem with them. I've noticed a big difference in stiffness between the 1 and 8 settings. Where do you keep hearing these negative opinions?
        <hr></blockquote>

Thats good you like them, I've never tried them so I have no idea from a personal standpoint how they are... Most people I end up talking to are fanatics about suspension and don't understand that sometimes its okay to not do everything "perfect" and that just an improvement over stock is all thats needed [img]smile.gif[/img]
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X