Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are 50/ 55 to tall for 18 inch rim?

235 50 18

iv posted about 4 topics on this one question and no one has answer can somone please help me out

Comment

On an 18" wheel why would you want to run narrow little 235s? I mean come on [img]smile.gif[/img]

Get something beefy on there, at least P255/40R18 if nothing else.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

They might work, but heres the problem:
        If you went with a 50 series tire, the width would be so narrow that the tire might not even seat up on the wheel. And your "Rims" would be very exposed to curbs.
        I would get something wide enough to use a 35 series, unless you have 18X6's

[ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]</p>
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

I would sugest sticking to one post. It makes it hard on you to check them all, and if you don't get answers posting more won't do it. Maybe folks just don't have the answer and don't know.

Be a bit more discriptive. When you just say "235 50 18" and "iv posted about 4 topics on this one question and no one has answer can somone please help me out " It doesn't say what you need help with.

I pasted below my response in one of your other threads wich got no response. Hopefully this helps:

Why do you want a tall tire with an 18" rim? Apiccola was right...
          235/50R18 yields a wheel diameter of 27.25 inches.
          245/55R18 yields a wheel diameter of 28.61 inches.

Stock ride hight is about 26.2 inches IF your stock tires are a 235/55/16. Now if you don't want your speedometer to be off, and want to retain the same overall diameter to ensure that nothing will rub.... then use a 245/40/18. You will have about the same diametere, and width so nothing should rub. Hope that helps.
          Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by JAM:

It doesn't say what you need help with.

<hr></blockquote>

If you read the title :) it says my question .....

Comment

My bad... did what I posted help at all?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> iv posted about 4 topics on this one question and no one has answer can somone please help me out <hr></blockquote> need to ask it a couple more times

Comment

heh heh :D

Comment

we are having a big time [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

musta made a decision

Comment

Just so you guys know the 50 or 40 series tire isnt the width of the tire, its the size of the side wall. 40 stands for 40 percent of the width. a 255/40/18 tire is wider than 225 or 235 or 245/40/18. A 255/50 is pretty much the same width as a 255/40 its just that the 40 part is a lower profile. :D
                        99 Firebird Vert, Pewter Metalic<br />Fast Toys Ram Air<br />Jet Stage 2 Chip<br />17x8 Mille Miglia Emotion II Plus\'<br />wrapped in 245/35/17 Yokohama A520<br />Rhino Perf. Exhaust<br />K&N air filter<br />check pics at:<br /><a href=\"http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.fastrides.com/members/v6birdy/</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                          They might work, but heres the problem:
                          If you went with a 50 series tire, the width would be so narrow that the tire might not even seat up on the wheel.
                          [ December 03, 2002: Message edited by: AZ3.8Camaro ]
                          <hr></blockquote>

I know they width is not determined by the series, but in order to fit a fifty series tire on an 18inch wheel on a camaro, he would have to get like a 215. The bigger the series, the smaller the width has to be in order to maintain a certain height.
                          1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                          1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

he is right if you are worried about your speedometer but i have 255\50\16 and my speedo is off by like 3mph. personally i wouldnt even put 18 on a firebird or camaro i would put 17x11 in the back and 17x9.5 up front i think you can get like a 295 or 305 on the back. if your gonna get rims you might as well get them for preformance and not looks... thats just my thinking anyway [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                            1997 3.8 Red Firebird<br />RKSport 2\" racing springs,TA Rims,<br />Dual Out Magna Flow Exaust/2.5\" Exauhst cut-out (loud),<br />2-10\" JL W-3\'s, 300/2 JL AMP<br />1 Farad Rockford Fosgate Capasitor,<br />B&M Shift Improvment Mod,<br />SLP Cold Air Intake, MSD 8.5mm Wires, Bosh Plats, 160 deg thermo<br /> in the mail:<br />Zexel Torsen Posi Unit, 3.23 (for now)& new transmission.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X