20" is the max

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20" is the max

Does anyone here have 20" wheels on their Camaro?

If so can you provide a little info (rhetorical ?)

How is the handling?
    What size (series) tires are you running?
    Did you have your car lowered?
    How much is you speedo off by, and do you know the price of re-calibration?
    Any scrubbing at all while going over speed bumps, hard cornering, etc..?

Do you have any pics?

(Not long at all)

Thanks
    [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

I don't have 20" on my car, but I've seen them on numerous FBirds and Camaros. Most people I've seen with 20s on a car run 255-35-20s. It depends on the offset of the wheel whether it will rub or not. 20s won't fit if your car is lowered.
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
      20s won't fit if your car is lowered.<hr></blockquote>

In the front they might not, but in the rear they still will.

case in point:

19x9.5 in front, 20x10.5 in back

EDIT: forgot to add that the car is dropped too. ;)

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: 2WISH4 ]</p>
      Chance<br />1999 Grand Prix GTP<br />*stock*<br />1993 Camaro<br />Custom intercooled turbo, BMR suspension, huge stereo, appearance mods......<br />and now most is FOR SALE! :p)

Comment

I thought they would fit in the rear as long it's not a negative offset. Even with my car lowered with 18s, I still got about 4" left in the rear wheelwell. 2Wish, tight ride. How low is your car and what makes those wheels? I'm thinking about switching to the 5-Star wheel style...

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

How much did that setup cost tires and all? I like those rims

James
          James Stephens<br />Computer Network Manager<br /><br />Wings West GFX, RK Sport Spoiler, SS Custom Fiberglass Hood, Raven exhaust, Catz Headlight conversion, eibach pro kit, etc.<a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/hi2/pimpjames\" target=\"_blank\">My car and my website :)</a> MY Car Domain Site &#0124;&#0124;

Comment

can we say bowtie bling bling..

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

that looks like CrkHedMatt's car from the LS1.com board...im almost sure thats his car..

looks great but id lose the other spoiler and keep the SS one on there

Jeff W

Comment

What's up with that guys single ricer tip?
                ---<br />-\'95 3.4L M5 Camaro

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
                  2Wish, tight ride.
                  <hr></blockquote>

Yesm it's a nice car, but not mine. It's crack head matt's from the "other site" ;)

I would like to get a set of those HRE's for my GTP though.
                  Chance<br />1999 Grand Prix GTP<br />*stock*<br />1993 Camaro<br />Custom intercooled turbo, BMR suspension, huge stereo, appearance mods......<br />and now most is FOR SALE! :p)

Comment

Heh, i would like HRE's too, but one wheel costs about as much as my ALL my tires AND wheels. That car definately is nice though. And for some reason the wing doesn't look that bad. I think its balanced by the GFX and wheels.
                    <b>Matt</b><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=1\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Z28 M6</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=377225&page=3\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro M5</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X