American Racing Rims -- Good or Bad? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Racing Rims -- Good or Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Racing Rims -- Good or Bad?

I know this might be the cheaper way to go, but I am just trying to get some comments if I put American Racing Rims on my 2001 Firebird Conv. I am sick of seeing all of the 5 spokes and 10 spokes and like to keep a little originality. And I saw a set that I liked. (always a plus)

Anybody have any problesm with quality or cheap chroming or warranty issues?

Thanks [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

I had a set of AR rims and they were good rims. Mine were polished so I don't know about any chrome plating problems. American Racing has been around for a while so I would imagine all their products are OK
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

I have a set of chrome A R rims on my 89 mustang. I have had the car for almost 5 years and never had any problems with them. Good price good rims. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
      RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

I had AR-125 Polished rims on my old Z24. They looked real nice for a bout 6 months and the rims started to get splotchy. You better be careful on what you use to clean them with.

Comment

they get splotchy when you dont clean them right. i had that happen when i didnt wash the car for like a month...i just used some mothers chrome polish and it took all that off.
          i have AR Nitros i like them a lot. ive had them for about almost 2 years with no problem.
          &gt;Pikey&lt;<br /><a href=\"http://streetracing.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=156608\" target=\"_blank\">95 Firebird</a>

Comment

I like mine, but they weren't exactly a good price. Had 'em for about a year now and have had no problems. ARE seems to know what they're doing....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X