Subframes...boxed or tubular?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subframes...boxed or tubular?!

Which ones are better to get? I have heard one is more stronger than the oterh, can someone help me decide?

Thanks.

Joe ;)
    *OneQuickSix*<br />1998 3.8L V-6 Camaro<br />~A4 w/Y87~

I asked the exact same question a while ago (I thought someone had just TTT'd the thread I started)... in other words, have you done a search? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    www.RedLineVSix.com || 1996 Camaro, 15.159@92.5mph

Comment

Dunno, I've got tubular rk sport
      Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
      nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
      2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
      2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

go with the BMR boxed. I would think that the boxed would have more strength.

Comment

In equal sizes, tubular have more strength. The BMR boxed are substantially larger than the BMR tubular, so they are stronger.

Everyone seems to like their sfcs, this doesn't look like a very critical choice, except maybe to be sure they fit.

A good installation is probably more important than exactly which ones you pick.
          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

If you go to the BMR website, they explain the differences between boxed and tubular subframes. V6Bob was right, the boxed design is larger and will be stronger than the tubular. But, the tubular design doesn't take up as much room and there is less loss of clearance with them.

Basically...if clearance is an issue, go with the tubular design. ;)
            <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/silver1997z/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Brian</a><p>1997 Sebring Silver Z28 - clear corners, 3.73, A4, Loudmouth, K&N FIPK, 17x9 Voxx Argus, Eibach Pro-Kit, BMR adj. Panhard rod...<p><b><i>Member - WV Air National Guard</i></b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X