noise when braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noise when braking

any ideas? it's not quite a rattle or knock, more like a shake?
    doesn't seem to be too big a deal, just wondering in case something big is wrong.
    Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

This probably belongs in the handling forum.

A while back (may-July 00) we had a big discussion over there concerning disc brake warpage. You might can search for it.

My braking wobble went away when I changed tires - so I assume mine was more a tire issue than a braking issue. However, many firebirds and camaros end up warping their rotors before 15,000 miles - you might just want to have them resurfaced so long that they're not squealing or chirping any. If its a groaning - its more of a pad misalignment or poor pad compound than anything.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

yes, that's the sound, wobble!
      maybe it is a tire issue, i'll be changing those soon anyway (looks like only a few 1000mi left on them)
      thanks for the help
      Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

If your car shakes when you hit the brakes, it's a good chance your rotors are bad.
        <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X