decarbon shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• decarbon shocks

i saw that SLP has these on sales for like $35 a set. would these be a good fit on my car. the ones i have now have no fluid and are basically useless since i have 130k miles and they are OE, so how much better will the ride quality and everything be. how good are these shocks and how would it compare to the kyb shocks, i know they wont be as good but they are cheap and i'm broke.
    2000 Honda Civic<br />2.25\" magnaflow exhaust<br />AEM CAI<br />DC Sports Header<p>Alpine/Kicker/JL Audio sound system <p>it\'s not rice when i can beat your ***.

These are the take-offs I believe. These are shocks that are taken off of V8 models. These are valved differently than the V6 shocks and will give you a little better handling.
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by John D.:
      These are the take-offs I believe. These are shocks that are taken off of V8 models. These are valved differently than the V6 shocks and will give you a little better handling.<hr></blockquote>

Correct, and I agree.
      Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Yep. Can't beat $37.50 for 4 shocks with only 2 miles on them. I just ordered them today (along with a set of the V8 take-off springs, also $37.50), I'll let you know what my impressions are after I get them on.
        -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

THat is where i got mine from. I have the z28 valved decarbons and am impressed with them. Much better than the KYB's i had before.
          Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

Does any one remember the shipping costs for the shocks? And how prompt is SLP with getting the orders packaged and sent? The original shocks on my 94 need some help! Thanks for any info.

Comment

are these the same ones that come on the v6 under the firmer suspsension code, f40, i think. i have that option, but never figured out exactly what was on it.

[img]graemlins/monkey.gif[/img]

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: dstrbd1 ]</p>
              you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

When i ordered mine it was like 3pm and i had them shipped overnight and they arrived the next day. I paid $25 i think for overnight shipping.
                Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

oh, and backfire, wander down to the venom forum. wanna join?

[img]graemlins/monkey.gif[/img]

[ January 18, 2002: Message edited by: dstrbd1 ]</p>
                  you can\'t get off if you don\'t get on

Comment

The shipping for my shocks and springs together was $50. But then again I'm in CA. They're supposed to arrive "within 7 working days."
                    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Backfire:
                      Does any one remember the shipping costs for the shocks? And how prompt is SLP with getting the orders packaged and sent? The original shocks on my 94 need some help! Thanks for any info.<hr></blockquote>

SLP is charging $25 to ship them to me...I live in WV and they are shipping them from NJ...I think I got ripped off there...but they were at my house in a little over 7 days, so I can't complain.
                      <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/silver1997z/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">Brian</a><p>1997 Sebring Silver Z28 - clear corners, 3.73, A4, Loudmouth, K&N FIPK, 17x9 Voxx Argus, Eibach Pro-Kit, BMR adj. Panhard rod...<p><b><i>Member - WV Air National Guard</i></b>

Comment

I just ordered mine today and they are also charging me $25 to Maryland, it would probably be ceaper to pay the gas and drive there to pick them up, Oh well, you can't beat 62.50 for a set of shocks.
                        1996 Silver Camaro, Y87, M5, cammed..<br />N/A Best Time: 14.012 @ 98.59<br />195 rwhp / 233 ft-lbs b/f heads/cam<br />Check out my site <a href=\"http://silver3800.cz28.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://silver3800.cz28.com/</a>

Comment

just got mine in today. yep, $25 shipped. they look pretty good, not perfect or new, but good. looks like maybe they threw them when they took them off. couple little chips. but you can't beat $60 for a set of shocks! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                          95 Med Quasar Blue Camaro M5<br />-free ram air scoop<br />-removed silencer/cut airbox<br />-slp air temp module<br />-tb bypass<br />-160* thermostat<br />-underdrive pulleys<br />-installed my own t-tops! best mod yet!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X