Well I Ordered Some New Treads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I Ordered Some New Treads...

I got a price from tirerack.com of $92 per tire on 255/50/16 Kuhmo 712's and took it into Discount Tire and they matched the price. I was able to get Siping thrown in, but I don't know what exactly it is? Anyone? Does the siping help with anything?
    Thanks

Siping is for snow.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Siping is not only for snow. It also helps a good bit in rain, and even a little in dry weather. They make cuts in the tread across the width of the tire. This allows it to separate a tiny bit, allowing more rubber to grip the road. Well, it kinda works like that anyway. It can't hurt, that's for sure. Just picture hundreds of tiny little fingers grabbing onto the road.
      -<i>Travis</i><br /><b>99 Trans Am, Pewter, A4</b> Forged, stalled, and cammed<br /><b>85 Buick Regal WH1 T-Type</b> It\'d be cool if it ran...<br /><b>94 Camaro 3.4, Teal, M5</b> The daily beater

Comment

There is a reason Indycar runs slicks ;) No siping there, just max traction.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Siping is widely used in off-roading. They sipe their tires in order to help get grip on rocks and ledges. I agree with Cardinal, there isn't much use for this on the street but I don't think it will hurt performance on a street tire.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: John D. ]</p>
          2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X