update on LCA arms and subframe....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update on LCA arms and subframe....

I installed my bolt-in subframe connectors this weekend and when I placed the control arms back on, I had a massive clunking sound comming from them.

I took it to a shop and they fixed it for the most part, except I still get the sound every now and then. I go to shake the arm, and it is tight. I know the bolts are tight, maybe not torqued enough though.

They loosened the bolts, jacked the rear end up to make it level, and tightened the bolts down. That fixed the bulk of the clunking, now it is just very minor, but I'd still like it go go away. now its a matter of making adjustments to it I guess. Gotta find the right tightness.

Any tips on doing this in the future. Any ideas how to stop the clunking or squeeking?

What LCA are you using?
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Stock LCA arms, I just had to remove the bolts for the subframe connectors. Once I had the shop re-tighten them, it had some small squeeking and clunking, maybe just because they were taken off then placed back on, but I would like to get it resolved. I really don't want to take this to the chevy dealer to get fixed.

Hehe....remember, I have the tools, but I am on a small budget as I may be moving soon, so quick cheap fixes would be great! I just need to know what to do. It makes a small clunking, someitmes squeeking, and I thought about just tightening them down a little more until it finally goes away.

Let me know

Comment

i had the same problem. a horrible clunking noise over certain bumps in the road. i just tightened them up a little more and it went away.
        6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by spunger:
          Stock LCA arms, I just had to remove the bolts for the subframe connectors.<hr></blockquote>

With the weak bushing in the stock LCA, I would recommend that you replace the bushings with ES or get the 1LE LCA.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X