Edelbrock IAS Shocks Now Available... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edelbrock IAS Shocks Now Available...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock IAS Shocks Now Available...

I happened to check, and it seems Edelbrock finally made some IAS Shocks for our application! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I've wanted them to make them for some time now, an auto-adjusting shock seems appealing. Price for rear is $76 apiece, but front is $222 apiece. Apparently the fronts are a coil-over conversion. What do you guys think? I e-mailed them for more info. and am currently waiting for a reply...
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

ouch!.. for 100 more you can just get the complete level one suspension kit from SLP and that's shocks, progressive rate springs, front sway bar, and LCA's and panard with 1le bushings!.. or go with the fully adjustable kit from RKSport that you can adjust from inside the car.
    -Brad
    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
    :rock:

Comment

All IAS shocks from Jegs are basically $69.99/ea

I doubt that those fronts will be $222/ea - thats just a ripoff.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
        All IAS shocks from Jegs are basically $69.99/ea

I doubt that those fronts will be $222/ea - thats just a ripoff.
        <hr></blockquote>

Go ahead and do a P/N search on Summit. Price is $76 ea. rear, $222 ea. front.

Jegs still doesn't list the parts.

Comment

I got a reply from Edelbrock today, here's what they said:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
          1 - What all is included with PN 33031 that justifies a price three times that of the rear shock?

This is a coil over shock.
          And the spring that we sell with this will lower the front by 1.5"

2 - The footnote says that PN 33031 includes the spring. Will that spring lower the ride height?

Yes, by 1.5"

3 - Would it be possible to use stock springs in the front? How would that affect the ride vs. the spring which comes with the shock?

I am sure it could be done with the stock spring.
          If you did this it would be at stock height.

4 - I assume that the coil-over conversion is necessary in order to be able to use the IAS shocks for my application?

Yes
          <hr></blockquote>

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: RacerJ ]</p>

Comment

Well what in the hell do you do with the @$$ end? Leave it sticking up in the air?
            2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Well assuming that you use the spring supplied with the shocks for the front, then there is a spring listed for the rear (I think it's actually and Eibach spring..) that you can get that will lower the rear 1.5" also.

But see I don't want to lower my ride below stock height, it scrapes on enough $#!t as is. If anything I want to bump it up a little, which is why I want to swap in the stock Z28 springs on all four corners.

What do you guys think? Would the IAS Shocks work well with the stock springs?

Comment

Ah, nuts to it. I just put in an order to SLP for a complete set of take-off De Carbons and V8 springs. Total cost (before shipping): $75 [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X