Massive sway bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive sway bars

I know I should stay in the third gen area, but thought some of ya might be interested in this.
    Addco: I've never heard of them, but they make huge sway bars for our cars. I just recently had one of their largest sets installed: 1.75 inch (44mm) front, 1.5 inch (38mm) rear. Night and day difference in the corners. Its a bit harder to turn into the corner, but will just tear through them now and has ZERO body roll. I like 'em. I ordered mine from a local speed shop. SpeedTek Performance, but I'm sure Addco has a website somewhere. Price was a little over $500 installed. High, but worth it I think. :D

Oh yeah, again, the Type R thing is a joke, just messing with people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There are a couple of drawbacks.

1. This combo will cause massive oversteer. The large degree of antiroll may make the handling twitchy, particularly if you have stiff springs. I can't imagine what the car would be like in slippery conditions, but it can't be good.

2. Your front end now resembles a truck with a beam front axle. Bumps on one side are communicated to the other. Happens to some degree with all sway bars, but much more so with these outsized ones.

There are reasons why these are not popular.
    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Yeah, it'll suck in the rain, but it doesn't rain too much here. It is a bit much for the street, but I did this for autocrossing and maybe future road racing. When I'm completely done with the suspension, my car will turn.

Comment

I hear you and I'm not ragging on you, but I wonder why even serious autocrossers/roadracers don't use bars that big.

As serious as you are I'd talk to Global West. They seem to be the most racing oriented fbody aftermarket company.

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: V6Bob ]</p>
        2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X