Wheel hopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel hopping

My 94 3.4l Firebird is starting to wheel hop on my start off. I cant tell if its my rear end and i should get control arms or if it is my transmission and i should get torque arms. Any suggestions for which i should get?

i suggest new control arms and a new torque arm bushing. that should do the trick. i have those plus sub-frame connectors. i'm not happy with the SFC'S. and i don't reccomend them...
    97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

i have keeny brown sfc i recommend them specially if you have T tops [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I would suggest lakewood rear control arms part # 620-20140 from jegs. They only cost 82.99 a pair and eliminate wheel hop. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

Yea I noticed lakewood products is the only company out there that's giving BMR a run for the money as far price is concerned. If your car is lowered, I highly recommend getting relocation brackets for your control arms also.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

control arms are a must for wheel hop.
            i love my subframe connectors, for whoever doesnt like them, i am shocked to hear that.
            a traction bar might do you some good also.
            6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

i have bmr sub frame connectors and for some reason my car is all loud now. if i go up any type of incline my car makes fuuny noises. i'm going replace my shocks first then if that doesn't help, they are coming off..
              97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mike malloy:
                i have bmr sub frame connectors and for some reason my car is all loud now. if i go up any type of incline my car makes fuuny noises.<hr></blockquote>

IF the BMR SFC's use your LCA bolts for mounting, then you need to re-torque your LCA bolts and nuts! Too loose and they'll squeak. Too tight and they pop like a cannon! I think the torque spec is around 60-70 ft/lbs. Be sure to torque them with the car level (not jacked up)! It'll solve all your noise problems from the SFCs.
                Jason McCallister, Founder & Webmaster<br /><a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org\" target=\"_blank\">West Tennessee F-Body Association, Inc.</a><br /><br />2000 Camaro - <a href=\"http://www.wtfba.org/site/view_member.php?ID=68\" target=\"_blank\">Details</a>

Comment

thanks jason. i had a feeling this was the problem. when i put on my driveshaft tommorow i'll tighted to factory specs.

Comment

I have boxed hotchkis trailing arms and back in the day with 410's it completely eliminated wheel hop (i also added a pan hard rod too)
                    I love my sub frames (rk sport tubular)
                    Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                    nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                    2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                    2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X