Damn STB!!!! Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn STB!!!! Please help

I just got the thing in today finally, and sure enough, something has to go wrong. I took off the 4 ST nuts, and go to align the STB on them, and my alternator is right in the way of the STB. I have a 97 bird, and I ordered the brace that said all v6 1993-2002, so you would think that it would work, but can anybody help me please!!!
    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

this might sound dumb by try installing it the other way so that the STB goes over your coils. I could be wrong but I allways thout that the actual bar went over the upper intake manifold. Or is the alternator in the way because of a mounting bracket? can you post a pic of what is happining? or can you get a little more in detail?
    1996 Y87 Camaro, 175.0 rwhp, 211.6 rwtq.....1/4 15.500@88.54 &lt;----- Needs work!!<br />-CAI, Custom bent S-Pipe, LS1 I-Pipe, Flowmaster 80 series, !MAF, manual fan switch, relocated trunk pop switch, 180 degree t-stat, More to come!<br /> <a href=\"http://camaro.wbisolutions.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaro.wbisolutions.com</a> <p>WANTED!!! Naked and handcuffed!

Comment

Dude, you got it in Bass-Ackwards...

The Alt. sits so far forward of where there should be a STB, this is the only way that you can have installed.

Actually pics of that would be pretty cool as well.

BTW: What style of STB did you get? Check out my homepage, listed below to see how the STB looks on my 97 Firebird.
      Hope that helps.

Comment

i installed mine the other day with no problem...
        2002 NBM Firehawk #312 | <a href=\"http://hawk.visionsconnect.com\" target=\"_blank\">hawk.visionsconnect.com</a>

Comment

Umm.. lets see, well first off thanks for responding, I just got on BMR web site, and I looked on the intallation pictures of it and the on that they sent me doesn't look like the one in the picture. Theirs looks like it is going more over the motor, mine just goes right over the alternator and hits the damn thing, let me go see if I can get a camera and post some pics, but I called BMR and left a message, so hopefully they will call me back and walk me through it. If i turned the STB around it won't fit, because of some other stuff on my fender, that won't let it sit straight. But im gonna go mess with it again for a bit, thanks
          1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

I just put this on my 96 and the only thing in the way of it is a bracket that braces the A/C line on the passenger side. It is easiest just to remove this. If it is hitting the alt then you have it on wrong. The angles on the brace should point towards the windshield.
            2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

I think that i got screwed, cuz Mine sure doesn't bend over the engine like that at all Mcaanda, Mine jsut goes right toward the damn alternator, it hits it right on, Im gonna go see if my friend has his digital camera around and Ill fill ya in more,

thanks

Comment

K I know that this is the V*, but this is what my STB looks like http://bmrfabrication.com/stb/v8stb-large.jpg

So i think that they screwed up and sent me the wrong one [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wolfy:
                  So i think that they screwed up and sent me the wrong one [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

I think so too.
                  2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

Hey... i know EXACTLY what happened. they made a mistake and sent you the LT1/LS1 brace

You know how i know? the shop that ordered mine (dealer for BMR) had the same thing happend. Don't worry BMR will send you the right one if you send it back to them or call them.

The only thing that will suck is that you have to wait for it to be delivered.

Don't worry man.. stuff like this happens... just ask them for like a free powder coating or gift certificate for your troubles [img]smile.gif[/img] i am sure they will be more than willing to give you good customer service. My experience with BMR has been excellent.
                    - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Comment

I can't blame wolfy for being pissed if they sent him the wrong one. He got all anxious for nothing. DAYUM LOL
                      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Yeah thanks guys, and girls, gots to be politically correct, yeah I was pretty upset, I get mad at dumn things like that. But I called BMR and they called me back and my new one is on the way!!!! They did send me the wrong one. My corrrect one is on the way. Yeah that is a sweet company, cuz they were nice about it. Thanks for all the help and puttin up with me too!!! :eek:

Oh shortdog273 I was gonna ask you how your exhaust sounds? Didn't you get the superturbo? I get mine installed tommorow morning!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully it will be nice out, I will put the top down and enjoy the new sound of my car. I hope I will like it, Ive heard nothin negative bout dynomax superturbo, [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wolfy:
                          Yeah thanks guys, and girls, gots to be politically correct, yeah I was pretty upset, I get mad at dumn things like that. But I called BMR and they called me back and my new one is on the way!!!! They did send me the wrong one. My corrrect one is on the way. Yeah that is a sweet company, cuz they were nice about it. Thanks for all the help and puttin up with me too!!! :eek:

Oh shortdog273 I was gonna ask you how your exhaust sounds? Didn't you get the superturbo? I get mine installed tommorow morning!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully it will be nice out, I will put the top down and enjoy the new sound of my car. I hope I will like it, Ive heard nothin negative bout dynomax superturbo, [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                          <hr></blockquote>

Honestly, It dont sound that much different from the flowmaster I had, but it quieter from the inside and it dont rice up as bad when I rev it up. They are both deep when driving, but I got my intake modded up

Comment

So...what are you going to do with your old one? I'll take it if you don't need it anymore!
                            Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RamAir95TA:
                              So...what are you going to do with your old one? I'll take it if you don't need it anymore!<hr></blockquote>

I'll sell it for about 35 bucks but the reducers and clamps are still stuck on it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X