pan hard rod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pan hard rod.

What exactly does this thing do? I know alot of people have it but i dont quite understand all of the things it does. I know if youve lowered your car you should get it, but other than that what is it for? Any replies would be appreciated.
    2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

The Panhard rod takes all the cornering (side to side) force generated by the rear wheels. If it wasn't there, the lcas would bend like a pretzel the first time you took a corner. Stronger than stock aftermarket Panhards make the rear axle deflect less in a hard corner.

In other words, the Panhard locates the rear axle left to right. If you lower the car, or just want to get the rear axle absolutely dead center, you need an adjustable Panhard.

If you watch NASCAR, the Panhard is what they call the track bar. Same thing, same purpose.
    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

OK ive got the eibach prokit and thats it. IM saving my money to buy all the suspension parts at once but i can get this a little cheaper. Would it be a good buy for otherwise stock suspension and the eibach prokit? BTW thanks for the fast reply.
      2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

well do what i did, keep the stock panhard rod, but upgrde the bushings. this will save you money and you'll notice the difference right away
        97 CAMARO RS<br />12.9@103mph<br />best 60ft..1.9 ( on street tires)<br /> 1.7 (on gas)<br />turbo supra 12.5@119mph (street tires)<br />new times to come sporting the sp63gt

Comment

If the prokit lowered the car, eyeball the rear wheels in the wells. If you can see a misalignment side to side you need an adjustable bar.
          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

My car is lowered also. If you are low on funds, the first thing you should get is the BMR control arms w/relocation brackets. They're the cheapest. You gonna need the relocation brackets since your car is lowered. I don't have the panhard rod yet, but I dont have anymore wheel hop neither.

[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
            <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I wish these "aftermarket is better" automotive myths would go away.

You don't need tubular or boxed LCA or PHR, or relocation brackets - it's all hype (unless you intend to only drag race to car). These parts are not the best for either HP street or autocross.

What you need is high durometer bushings, either ES or PST bushings, or use the 1LE parts which have high durometer bushings.

There is nothing weak about a stock LCA or PHR for it's use. The aftermarket parts are stronger where the part does not, or should not, be that strong.

Get an adjustable PHR ONLY if you are rubbing the fender well after lowering the car and using wide tires.

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by FirebirdGT:
                What you need is high durameter bushings, either ES or PST bushings, or use the 1LE parts with the high durameter bushings.

There is nothing weak about a stock LCA or PHR for it's use. The aftermarket parts are stronger were the part does not or should not be that strong.
                <hr></blockquote>

I agree with FirebirdGT on this topic. I used to have the stock panhard bar with poly bushings. Then, a friend on mine sold me a tubular panhard bar with poly bushings from his car for very cheap so I went ahead an installed it. Honestly, I could tell very little difference between the stock and tubular bars. Bushings seem to be plenty of reinforcement.
                - Josh<br />If you have any questions or need installation pics/help, e-mail me: Viper98885@aol.com<br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/viper98885\" target=\"_blank\">\'93 Camaro Hardtop</a><br /><a href=\"http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/01lincolnls8\" target=\"_blank\">\'01 Lincoln LS8 Sport</a><br />\'00 Yamaha YZF-R6<br /><a href=\"http://www.ftpp.net\" target=\"_blank\">Full Throttle Performance</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X