Where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start?

I've done about everything to the engine I want to do short of the super six package, But now its time to start the suspention upgrades, I just wondering what are gonna be the best mods to start with. Price isnt a real concern as long as its within reason.

-Ryan
    94 maro<br /> mods? ummmm..... one or two.<br />some people see the bottom of our soceity as a product of the system,But the system is a product of our society. It cant be changed because we dont want it to change. all you can take is grab ahold of what ever advatages you get and live life to the fullest. Be happy, lifes too short

My advice would be to start with sway bars. I think you will notice the most bang for your buck with these.

My .02
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

STB and SFC if you got T tops for sure they are also nice if you dont have t tops. then probly sway bars (reduce roll of car) you might go with panhard rods and lower trailing arms (both help to reduce wheel hop) and springs and shocks

Comment

STB or SFC if you have T-tops

PHR and LCA bushings (don't need new metal)

Larger F/R sway bars

Springs

Shocks
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I'm no expert, but this logical progression makes sense to me, rather than going with short term bang per purchase. A well planned car will work better than a random collection of mods.

1. Stiffen the chassis. sfcs, stb, panhard - fix the weakest points. Maybe lcas. A-arms, transmission mounts and torque arms are probably overkill. All suspension mods work better if they're working against a stiff chassis, and, you'll notice improved handling from just stiffening.

2. Get the ride and ride height where you want it. Springs, shocks.

3. Tune the chassis (understeer/oversteer balance) with carefully chosen sway bars.

A complete package (springs, shocks, bars) from a qualified pro is the best idea for steps 2 and 3, rather than picking random parts because different people think this or that is the best spring or shock or bar. They all work together. It's not so critical in step 1.

Oops. Before step 2, wheels and tires.

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: V6Bob ]

[ January 04, 2002: Message edited by: V6Bob ]</p>
          2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X