lose or broke front suspension??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lose or broke front suspension??

Last night I was going around a sharp corner and when I accelerated I heard a lound pop and felt a small jerk. My wheels were still turned too. Anyone have this type of problem? How do I fix it?

[ December 26, 2001: Message edited by: 4thgenowner ]</p>
    1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Sounds like a rear end issue, possibly back in the differential or one of the axles - It most likely has something to do with the amount of play in the whole system back there. If your car is still under warranty, you know the drill, otherwise we might need more information to help ya.

Does it do it in a slow turn too?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Well my car isn't under warrenty anymore. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] I was going 25 mph around the corner, I guess thats slow speed.
      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Mine did the same sh!t and turned out to be a broken tranny mount? Could be your problem :D
        97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

It does it when im braking hard too. I heard the sound around 5 mph when im stopping hard.

Comment

I hear similar odd sounds coming from my front suspension as well. I have been running without a front sway bar for over a year which my contribute to the problem.

When I am backing up and turning sometimes it feels like the front wheels are slipping and I feel a kick or jerk with the car.

Sometimes when I turn the wheels and am moving slowly I can hear creeking noises coming from them. :(

Sometimes when I am stopping, a moment before I come to the complete stop I'll hear a knock come from each wheel. Just one knock or a Tap of some sort. :(

I have absolutely no idea what the problem could be.
            Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

couldnt these problems be associated with ball joints being bad? Just a shot in the dark but a couple of those symptoms you guys all have kinda suggest that. Only thing i could think of that would allow the wheels to creek and pop, and do that Front wheel slipping thing. My 92 z28 had bad Ball joints and it felt like the wheels would slip and slide if i turned too sharp. They also popped and creaked occasionally among OTHER odd noises beyong my explanation. I replaced those and no more creaks pops or odd noises. Just a suggestion. hope that helps a bit
              2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

Jason, thanks a TON for that reply.

Another friend of mine also suggested the ball joints would be bad. I'll make a post about how to change them.

Once again, thank you Jason for that info.
                Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm looking into the ball joint issue. When I was changing my oil today I noticed my drive shaft had little more play in it too. hmm..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X