need instructions (accuarte) to install LCA's and Panhard bar...tell me if this is... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need instructions (accuarte) to install LCA's and Panhard bar...tell me if this is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need instructions (accuarte) to install LCA's and Panhard bar...tell me if this is...

Hey guys, I just orderd some LCA's and a Panhard rod bar. I got a great deal on both so I couldn't pass it up.

When I put my SFC on, I had to remove my LCA arms in back. Well....long story short, when I put them back together, I had the worst clanking in the back, so bad I didn't want to drive it. I had a shop put them back on and I think they still make noise. More than they did before. These are the stock arms by the way.

Here is how I installed them the first time:

Jacked car up on jackstands, removed one bolt at a time for the LCA only where it needed for the SFC install, put SFC on, put arm back up, tightened down, torqued while on jackstands, and let down.

I need some serious good instructions or else I probably will come up with the same thing as I did before.

Also the panhard rod bar doesn't look as trickey as the LCA's, but I would still like to know from someone whose done this.

Please let me know exactly what I should be doing.

Thanks,
    Chris

You tighten the LCAs when the car is sitting on the ground.

Comment

So you just put the nuts/bolts on enough to hold it into place, and then torque them down for the LCA's when the car is sitting on the ground?

Comment

Get them a little tight, then tightened them down more once you lower the car and it's sitting on tires.

Comment

Ok, I think I got the idea now. By doing this, and doing it right, I shouldn't have any added noises other than what the poly bushings are going to give me correct? I just want to make 100% sure I get this semi-right so I don't end up with a horrible clunking when I hit bumps.

Thanks for helping dom,
          Chris

Comment

i had the same problem, all you need to do is tighten them up when the tires are on the ground and that noise will go away.
            6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X