new tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires

my last yokohamas only lasted about 15k and they are getting balder, so i need some new rubber. i'd like to not to have to spend too much, but i do want some good tires. i'm planning on sticking with stock size of 215/60/16 cus they're cheaper(btw, i saw some 215/55/16 what does the 55 mean? i know what the other two numbers mean, but not the middle one) i don't race much, probably won't go to the track this summer more than a couple times, so i'm not looking for amazing traction, i'm much more concerned with tread life. my top 3 right now are brigstone potenza 950's or 910's, and the kumho ecsta 712.
    here's the breakdown
    kumho's - $75 - tread wear 7.7
    910's - $65 - tread wear 7.6
    950's - $98 - tread wear 8.5 :eek:
    i'm leaning towards the kumhos, good all around and decent price. i'd appreciate any opinions. when spending this much money, i like to know exactly what i'm getting into. and are there any other good tires i should be considering? thanks

[ May 15, 2002: Message edited by: whiteshark ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

damn you got a small tire on your car!? i just put 245/50/16 BFgoodrich Radial T/A KDWS tires on my car, they've got a 400 tread life rating...and I only paid 120$....I know you said you dont need traction, but it looks alot better too and for 80$ more for all 4 its not bad....seeing as though its a Z rated tire....just take it easy on your tires...corner slow, accelerate slow....just save up that tread for when its necessary...but im guessing you got those numbers from tirerack.com ... why not at least got for a 235/55/16??

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X