For anyone who has worked on their sway bars... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who has worked on their sway bars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone who has worked on their sway bars...

I've been meaning to ask this for a long time, but keep forgetting. Anyway, if anyone knows, what the hell is this bracket on the drivers side for?

Its mounted to the body and one of the bolts on the drivers side bushing bracket for the sway bar. If you've worked with it, you know what I'm talking about. I just removed it from the car because it didn't seem to serve any purpose. What the hell is it?

Protects the cruise control unit from road debris.

Comment

Hmm, well I never use the cruise control anyway. [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]

Count about 2lbs in weight reduction! ;) :D

Comment

AFAIK, it tied everything on the driver's side together -- sway bar, body, fender well ... junk like that, if I remember. I'd leave it on, but that's me.
        -Rob
        <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Wicked 3800 V6:
          AFAIK, it tied everything on the driver's side together -- sway bar, body, fender well ... junk like that, if I remember. I'd leave it on, but that's me.
          -Rob
          <hr></blockquote>

It doesn't really tie anything together. I went back and looked at it. The top bolts to an already strong solid metal piece of the frame and the bottom is simply piggy-backed on the end of the sway bar bracket bolt. It doesn't brace anything, just kinda keeps road crap from getting up there I guess.

IMO, if it was important for tying the body together, there would be one on the other side as well.

[ May 08, 2002: Message edited by: PiLOTLiTE ]</p>

Comment

I ditched it also.
            Woo hoo, weight removal!!!!!!
            Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
            nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
            2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
            2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X