Eibach Pro Kit??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eibach Pro Kit??

Seriously thinking about the Eibach prokit(thanks to Mcaanda) and want to know what it will do to my 1/4 times....hurt?? help?? All i want to know is if the kit will slow me down any..im so close to 14's i dont want to slow my progress....And this is really for any drop not just Eibach

thanks in advance

Jeff W

honestly.....i dont think it would hurt your times...if anything it might give you an advantage becuase the force of gravity is lower, since your car is lowered..ppl say 1 & 3/4" isn't that much but it REALLY is...i put mine in and i love them..great handling and a good way to start your suspension make over. i say go for it....and BTW...if first you are satisfied with the amount it lowered...it does drop more over time..gravity shapes them over a few weeks of stress. i say go for it man.
    2000 Firebird 3.8 A4 w/W68<br />WS6 Ram Air Hood<br />SSM Port/Polished Heads <br />NOS #05175<br />Accel wires<br />Accel Coil Packs<br />MSD DIS-4 High Output<br />zexel torsen w/3.42<br />SLP CAI<br />Whisper Lid<br />K&N filter<br />JET programmer<br />Hypertech 160 degres thermo<br />Flowmaster cat-back<br />air temperature module<br />Eibach Pro Kit lowering springs<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/ar3/projectfalcon/homepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.angelfire.com/ar3/projectfalcon/homepage.html</a>

Comment

Eiback pro kit is for looks and better performance in cornering. Thats it. It won't help you squat in straight line racing. It'll probably hurt your times than helpin it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Kiss your weight transfer at the track good bye. Even the v8 guys say that they can't launch their cars like before the springs. The rear just doesn't want to squat.
        Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 94-3.4:
          Kiss your weight transfer at the track good bye. Even the v8 guys say that they can't launch their cars like before the springs. The rear just doesn't want to squat.<hr></blockquote>

Did it cause a drastic drop in their times?
          R.I.P. 1995 3.4L Firebird<br />2000 Acura Integra GS-R<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/superfighter3581/myfirebird.html\" target=\"_blank\">Check out my site: Updated! as of 7/03/02</a>

Comment

It didn't help their times. Without the weight transfer, traction was at a loss which is what they were complaining about. I can't recall how much time was lost though.
            Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

the springs won't help your times at all. like stated above, weight transfer suffers. when you take off it doesn't keep it's momentum going. when i went to the track, my friends who watched said my front end would jump up at take off but lower back down right away, and they think that was hurting my times. if you get the springs, do it for looks like i did, not drag racing performance.
              94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

I guess you will have to decide if it is cooler to look low or jump the front end up when you get on the gas. The later is much more intimidating if you ask me. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
                Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

it's just a handling tradeoff.. If you want to hang a corner faster, lower it. If you want to go faster in a straight line from a dead stop go with drag springs. I believe they are a little softer in the rear to help with weight transfer.
                  -Brad
                  98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                  2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                  If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                  :rock:

Comment

or you could get the eibach drag pro kit...
                    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Do you guys know if the drag kit would be worth a darn on our v6 cars?
                      Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X