power steering prob.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power steering prob.

ok so my car starts making this terrible whine, just all of a sudden, so i take it home, and almost all of my power steering fluid's gone, so i replace it, and everything is cool, then two days later, it does the same thing, i replace the fluid again, and its ok for a while, and then now its done it again, only this time theres no power steering at all...and when i looked in the reservoir for the power steering fluid the fluid was all brown like chocolate milk... i havent noticed any leaks or any fluid on the ground, anyone know whats up with that?
    -Chris<br /><br /> my sooooold car... <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigchrismayne\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/bigchrismayne</a>

Probably time to replace your power steering, have you cut the wheel hard in the last few days or done some donuts? If so that could be the culprit.
    <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

power steering fluid is supposed to be a little blueish.

it's probably the pump though if it's gotton worse. they're not that hard to replace, I picked up oneo @ pepboys for like $64 after the core return and had them take off the pulley from the original.

Comment

Sorry dude. Same shyt happend to me for doing some fukcing donuts! God-damned it. :mad: The only thing to do from hear is get a new power steering pump.

[ January 06, 2003: Message edited by: naptown ]</p>

Comment

Before changing your pump, try changing your high pressure lines. Much easier than replacing the pump. I had changed my pump, the pump was bad for about a year. But then I had the same problem you had, and found out I blew a pressure line.
          <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Chris is if you are loosing fluid check for leaks. Sounds like you have that as a problem also. Plus if you have fuild color change that could be due to the pump going out. The pump is probably damanged due to the leak, which caused fluid loss, which probably ruined the pump. I would start with that. Hope that helps. ;)
            Thanks, <br />JAM<p>02 Firebird GT

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              3 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X