Next suspension mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next suspension mod

Ok, so I have kyb agx shocks and bmr drop springs all around. I also have a 32mm front and 19mm rear sway bar. So do I want to buy subframe connectors, or lower control relocation brackets, lower control arms and a panhard bar?

Re: Next suspension mod

I would go with an adjustable panhard bar and panhard relocation kit next. You can get both from Founders Performance for under $200 shipped to your door. I just bought the pair and they appear to be good quality. I have yet to install them, so I can't vouch for fit or performance, but I haven't heard anything bad about them. Having your car lowered, the adjustable panhard is always a good idea, especially if you end up with wider rims/tires.
    aka FreedStyle
    Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
    2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Ya I thought about that too because if you stand behind the car you can pretty easily tell the rear end is shifted an inch or so to the driver side.

Comment

Founders is awesome. I put their LCA's on my firebird and could tell a world of difference in the way the rear just sad down and went.
        Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Well looks like my Christmas gifts to myself is window tint and and an adjustable panhard bar and relocation kit.

Comment

OK - before you screw yourself up - what are you plans for you car? Do you want to "carve the curves" or drag? The suspension parts are different.

Having lowered your car you DO need LCA relocation brackets for sure.

As for an adjustable PHR - lowering an inch or so does not shift the axle over an inch - unless you bushings are shot - then just replace them with ES poly bushings - easy.

I am lowered, have 275/17 with 1/2" back spacers and have a stock PHR.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

The car is a daily driver with no intent on becoming a drag car. So handling the corners is definitely the way I'm leaning with this. I'll hop under the car and check the bushings out tomorrow.

Comment

I would go with LCA's over a panhard rod, you'll noticed a big difference from the LCA's in traction. Then sub-frame connectors are a great investment.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Not to throw a wrench into the works, but how old are your shocks? The reason I ask is that I recently changed out an old set of AGX (had almost 100k on them) for a set of the Bilstein SLP shocks, and the difference is amazing. The AGXs never felt as good, even when new, as the Bilsteins do.

Oh, and I'll second the comment about the 1" offset on the axle; I have the BMR springs on my '02, and actually measured the offset after installing them, and the difference side-to-side was < 1/8".

Comment

I'll add that my reason for suggesting the adjustable panhard is that I'm running 295 wide tires on my rear, and on right handers, I get a rub on the fender lip. I don't get it on left handers, just rights. So I know my rear is offset to one side enough to cause this. I did NOT have any rubbing issues with my 275 wides before these.
                    aka FreedStyle
                    Chaddrich Freed

Comment

My shocks and springs are only about 3000 miles old. I'm only running 245 wide tires and don't plan on getting new rims anytime time soon.

I never actually measured the offset, was just eye balling it from standing behind the car. However, I did go ahead and order the LCAs and relocation brackets from founders yesterday. Their prices were incredible compared to everyone else.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about with the front suspension now that I'm lowered?
                      Last edited by 02firebird; 12-29-2013, 07:04 AM.

Comment

There's the possibility of your alignment being off. I've never gotten mine realigned and I've been lowered for over 2 years now. I haven't seen any abnormal wear to the front tires.
                        aka FreedStyle
                        Chaddrich Freed

Comment

Originally posted by 02firebird View Post
                          My shocks and springs are only about 3000 miles old. I'm only running 245 wide tires and don't plan on getting new rims anytime time soon.

I never actually measured the offset, was just eye balling it from standing behind the car. However, I did go ahead and order the LCAs and relocation brackets from founders yesterday. Their prices were incredible compared to everyone else.

Is there anything I need to be concerned about with the front suspension now that I'm lowered?
                          If you didn't get a alignment, I would look into getting one.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Ya i got an alignment the day I lowered it.

Comment

Originally posted by 02firebird View Post
                              Ya i got an alignment the day I lowered it.
                              You should be good on the front end then, unless a front bushing goes out or something. Seemed mine with 120,000 miles on the front suspension my front bushings on the lower and upper A-arms went out along with the tie end rods.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X