1LE Bars and Hotchkis SFCs are here! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1LE Bars and Hotchkis SFCs are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1LE Bars and Hotchkis SFCs are here!

Earler in the week received my Hotchkis Sub Frame Connectors and yesterday got the 1LE sway bars. Installation hopefully on Thursday or Friday.

Should I be expecting a noticeable difference off the bat? Anyone with a coupe install SFCs and notice anything substantial?

Thanks

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: Cale ]</p>
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

The sfcs will have a subtle effect. The car will be noticeably tighter, but the handling won't change that much. The swaybars will be big. Steering response will be quicker and the car will roll a lot less. If you overcook a corner there will be substantially more oversteer (tendancy for the rear to come around).

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: V6Bob ]</p>
    2000 Firebird convert, chameleon/tan, M5, Y87, TCS, BMR tower brace and panhard, KBDD sfcs, 245/50-16 GSCs

Comment

I actually have less oversteer with 1LE suspension. I haven't lost is nearly as bad oversteering. Before the car was swaying soooooo much. Now it's perfectly flat.

1LE sway bars/springs/shocks

Comment

Installed the 1LE bars.

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Corners are fun!

In regards to the overall reaction of the car -
        Body stays much more flat in corners. Very well worthwhile mod!!! It is VERY easy to become cocky in regards to taking corners at higher speeds. And while the humidity is about 75% right now (roads are damp) I did witness some oversteer - and woah... after I was done pooping my pants-- it had been kinda fun... but not recommended - especially for unexperienced "corner taker" like myself...heh.

Now for the SFCs.

EDIT: Actually went outside after the post and felt that the ground was really damp from the rise of humidity... so, I probably was actually kind of hydroplaning along with that oversteer. Oops.

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Cale ]</p>
        2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X