Help with Bilstein HD rear shock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Bilstein HD rear shock

I have some kind of a rattle in my rwar right shock, a Bilstein HD. The sound is heard over every little bump on the road and its very annoying, its like a softer sound like something being loose like some plastic. At least I think its coming from the shock.

Can anyone help?

Re: Help with Bilstein HD rear shock

Check the top shock mount to see if its tight. Also check your brake lines to make sure one of the metal clips haven't come loose. Thats about all I can think of that would cause the sound your discribing.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I dont think the brake lines can cause that sound. I think it has to be the shock..what does a bad shock sound like? But they are relatively new..anything below the top of the shock mount that could cause it?

Comment

I checked the top shock mount, there is a bushing, mount and the nut and its not loose. I tightened it most I can. I also checked it from under the car, there is a bushing at the top and a washer below it and they seem very tight also.

When I hold my hand to the bottom where the legs are if you are sitting in the rear passenger seat, its like I hear something vibrating against tge body of the car but exhaust has been checked and the suspension, everything is tight as hell. Any ideas?

Comment

I Bought the same shocks and thought it was the same thing! It ended up it was my aftermarket panhard rod. the likelihood of it being the shock is very slim.

Comment

But I don't have any aftermarket Suspension parts so what can be wrong with the panhard rod?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom_WS6 View Post
              But I don't have any aftermarket Suspension parts so what can be wrong with the panhard rod?
              Its not that, but its more than likely not the shock either. If you had said it was a Monroe shock maybe, but Bilstein's quality control is very high.

Jack the rear up and start shaking things with your hands, then if you do not find it, use a rubber mallet and knock on some of the suspension.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X