brake pulsation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pulsation

so i was getting that pulsation, back and forward feeling as if the rear rotors were warped and it had been 5 years since i changed the pads/rotors so i just swapped out both and I'm still getting the pulsation feeling. I don't know what else it could be now. new rear rotors/pads, bled the brakes, still getting the back and forward feeling under braking, most noticeable at lower speeds than anything. any ideas?

How are the fronts?

Comment

Re: brake pulsation

How do you know its the rears? Easiest way to check, if you feel it in the steering wheel, its most likely front. Take the wheels off any spin the axle/hub and see if thru grab unevenly.

Comment

My compliments!
        Few people can understand the difference in "brake shudder" which is that "fore/aft pulsation" and true pedal pulsation which is caused by warped rotors.

The shudder is not warped rotors at all but changes in the surface of the brake rotor. These changes cause the coefficient of friction to change and you feel that as a fore/aft shudder as the brake's friction changes rapidly.

Depending on the severity of the problem and how the rotor surface has changed, you can either abrade the surface of the rotor with a Scotchbrite disc on an air grinder, have the rotor machined (provided there's enough material left on it) or replace the rotor.

Comment

fronts are fine, which if the fronts were warped, you can feel them in the steering wheel.

i have had severe warped rotors before, and it's the same feeling, and i shouldn't need to resurface the rotors or clean them, they are brand new, less than 10 miles on them.

it's a clear feeling, especially at low speeds, keeping a constant brake pressure. like the brakes are catching the rotors at different pressures, but there's a constant brake pressure on my end.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X