Installation of LCA/brackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation of LCA/brackets

I plan on getting these done soon. When I originally bought the LCA/brackets, they were shipped with prelube grease similar to this:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-11110/overview/
    Where does this grease go? It obviously doesn't go in the zerk fittings.
    I will also be picking up a tube of this:
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/upi-3008
    But obviously this goes in the zerk fittings.

Re: Installation of LCA/brackets

The grease that came with mine I put them on the ends of the poly bushings to make them slide into the bracket easier. Then used a grease gun on the fitting. worked well for me

Comment

Alright, that does make sense. The arms do go into the brackets rather easy right now though, maybe it's just to reduce noise once installed.

Comment

Originally posted by enzia35 View Post
        Alright, that does make sense. The arms do go into the brackets rather easy right now though, maybe it's just to reduce noise once installed.
        Yea I installed some SS sway bars with poly bushings and forgot to use the prothane grease that came with them. Well they squeak like a mother effer. lol

Comment

Just got them installed at Pope Automotive. Feels a lot better, more planted. Cost: $245. I'm not complaining.

Comment

Thats pretty expensive for LCA's a jack and jack stands would have been cheaper but as long as your satisfied then its all good.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It was the relocation brackets too. I was quoted about 100 for just LCAs.

I could do the LCAs by myself, but I don't have a welder at home, nor at the apt for the weld-on brackets.
              Last edited by enzia35; 07-09-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X