Brake ducts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake ducts

So I was thinking. I have a 2001 Camaro and my car didnt come with fog lights. I was looking at that part of the car and noticed that its perfect for brake ducts. Any threads on this? Anyone else thought of this?

I didn't know any 98+ camaros did not come with fogs. So you have just 2 empty holes?

Comment

Re: Brake ducts

I know theres a kit out there somewhere for 93-97 cars. I saw it on a cmc forum sometime ago, but I don't know about a 98+.

Comment

Blainefab on FRRAX.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibanezz View Post
          I didn't know any 98+ camaros did not come with fogs. So you have just 2 empty holes?
          Yep. pretty much.

Comment

Just buy 2 housings and brackets or find a junk camaro and get em cheap... I imagine this brake duct would be feasible. But do you do hard braking and do you go that fast that it would require that? Seems like its there just not entirely logical

Comment

Brake ducts are only necessary when racing, too much cold air under street conditions will decrease brake performance. There are systems I have seen that have valves that open and close for street/track though.

Comment

Originally posted by KJZ28 View Post
                Brake ducts are only necessary when racing, too much cold air under street conditions will decrease brake performance. There are systems I have seen that have valves that open and close for street/track though.
                X2 Theres really no need.
                08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

X3

No need at all.

Comment

So, for the every once in a while canyon carving runs I do, I dont need ducts?

Comment

Originally posted by nwilson44 View Post
                      So, for the every once in a while canyon carving runs I do, I dont need ducts?
                      Nope.

Comment

Just get quality brake pads and fluid that will handle it. You def. don't want a dead pedal in the canyons...

Comment

I would say if your drifting or something major like that I would do brake ducts, but as long as your pads and rotors are good quality I wouldn't do it.
                          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X