strut mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strut mount

so this last weekend i put my corvette rims back on and ive started to notice that everytime my right wheel hits a small pothole or bump it makes an almost popping sound? And it vibrates slightly and turns slightly to the right..so maybe a wheel needs to be balanced? i dont know if its my strut mount going or because the tires are cold since they are summer tires being driven around at 30 degrees out. The shocks and springs are all new so any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: strut mount

Did you do new shock mounts when you did the shocks and springs?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

no i didnt. i was short of cash at the time and kinda kicking myself now for not doing it :spank:

Comment

Yeah it sounds like the shock mount.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I am assuming this is the front? And that very well may be the shock mount. I payed like $70 at O'Reilly for mine, each. Stay away from the dealer, they quoted me $200 and They didnt even have it in stock....

Comment

it is a common problem, mine has been doing this since i bought the car in 2005. When i replaced the front shocks i inspected the mounts and they seemed fine. I didnt replace them because they cost way too much money, and it doesnt seem to be hurting the car at all... not to mention it is pretty easy to replace it later on

Comment

I would start by checking the easy stuff - ball joints, tie rod ends, wheel bearings. If the shocks are new I would think whoever replaced them took a good look at the mounts. I just finished replacing the shocks on my '02, and all the mounts looked fine, and this on a car with 168k miles. It is also possible the retaining nut on top of the shock (I hate calling them struts, even though that's how they're listed...) didn't get fully tightened when the new ones were put in. The only other thing I could think of would be bushings.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X