loose steering column??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose steering column??

just recently(few days) got my camaro back from its rebuild and i noticed some play in the steering wheel that wasn't like that when I brought it in. you can sit at a dead stop and visibly move the steering wheel maybe 0.5in either way, just a few degrees really, but you can feel that the tires aren't moving, it's just dead play....something serious? i mean i'm gonna have to take it back within 500 miles anyway to get the oil changed plus he said he was gonna retorque everything but i just was wondering if it's dangerous to drive with something loose in the steering...

Yes. Take it back and have it checked.

Comment

Re: loose steering column??

I would take it back , or you could look at the steering column bolts and see if you can tighten them down, theres like 4 of them under the column.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Re: loose steering column??

You can get under the hood, grab the steering shaft and wiggle it back and forth. You should be able to see what's loose. It's usually where the steering shaft meets the rack and pinion.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X