X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake reduction clips

Anyone use these? Do they make em for our car? I was reading about these

Brake reduction clips

and how they eliminate the rolling resistance from the brake pads slightly touching the rotor.

I don't know how many of you have put your car on jackstands and tried to spin the front wheels, but my car gets only a few rotations, but if I take the brakes off my tires free-wheel.

There is nothing I would love more than to free up brake drag/rolling resistance on my car, especially since I have 4 disc brakes.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: Brake reduction clips

Never heard of them, might as well try it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

brake systems are made to have drag, for instant braking. but if it frees up some better acceleration then try em and see if it does anything

Comment

I can see some benefits and drawbacks to using these. Of course, the reduction in rolling resistance and constant brake wear is a plus. However, I could see these being a drawback when your pads start to get more worn, as you wouldn't have the instant pedal response you normally would. I may give them a try for a while, see how they work out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X