Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tires & Quick Review

1993 Firebird 3.4L

I replaced the rims on my Firebird a few months back which came with some used tires. Yesterday I went to the local "mom & pop" tire shop and purchased four new tires, size 245/50-16. The owner recommended a new "no name" tire that was priced very low. He does not stock many tires (small business), so you pick what you want and they are delivered to his shop within 15 minutes from a tire distributor. I went with an OHTSU FP7000 tire, which is made by Falken, whos parent company is Sumitoyo. The tires are a non-directional all season radial which is what I wanted. They ride great, nice and quiet, and they handle well for a daily driver.

I got all 4 tires for under $400, including mounting, balancing, and new valve stems. They also came with a 50,000 mile treadwear warranty. Here are the specs:
    Load / Speed - 97H
    Traction - A
    Temperature - A
    Treadwear - 440
    Tread Depth - 10/32

The tires and rims balanced perfectly with very few weights added. The cool thing about a small tire shop is that you are allowed in the shop and you can hang out with them while they build up your rims.

Just what I was looking for. I will update the review as time goes on if anyone is interested.

Here is a link to the tire website:
    http://www.ohtsutires.com/Tires-Detail/FP7000/23

Re: New Tires & Quick Review

Hell, I walk into tireman or belletire with the mechanics because they know I care about my car. I don't get all up in their business though. Keep us updated on how those tires wear.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Re: New Tires & Quick Review

I must say I've never heard of the company.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X