Does my trans mount and torque arm bushing look ok? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does my trans mount and torque arm bushing look ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does my trans mount and torque arm bushing look ok?

So my differential started making a bit more noise recently after having swapped in a used one last fall (it was whining a bit but got a bit louder after a 300 mile drive last weekend). I'm thinking the drive train is moving a bit and caused something to shift putting stress on the differential. Currently I suspect the trans and torque arm mounts. In this pic the torque arm looks like its moving around a bit. Is this normal? Also I couldn't find pics of the stock trans mount - is mine gone? (aftermarket ones seem to have metal on both sides of the rubber - i only see metal on the left side in the pic unless the angle is keeping it out of view) I get a bit of play and jiggling in the shifter but not the 1-2" people seem to talk about when their trans mount is gone. I'm considering poly for both the torque arm and trans mount. My diffy seems to be having some issues (whirring kind of loudly and shavings on the magnet) and I'm wondering if things not being stable has over crushed the crush collar in the differential and now the pinion and ring are too close. I'm thinking of taking it to a shop to have it re-shimmed but want to take care of what ever cause it to act up more in the first place taken care of before that.

http://i.imgur.com/eL5lih.jpg?1 - trans mount / torque arm bushing pic.
    96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Re: Does my trans mount and torque arm bushing look ok?

is your car a M5 or auto? If the tranny mount is gone youll know it when you shift since the shifter will move up and down and youll hear the tail shaft slap the tunnel if its that far gone. Cant tell on the TQ arm bushing thought. Never had one wear out.

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Trans mount looks good to me. I somehow went through 3 in less than a month before I got my poly.

Comment

By the pic they look good.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

they appear fine. but you can jack up the trans a little (with the crossmember still bolted up) and see if it seperates.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X