What are my options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my options

What are my options if any of wheel sizes I can put on my Base 3.4 Bird without any adapters or spacers besides the 16x7.5 that it came factory with? Will anything else like 8, 8.25 or 9 require spacers? Thanks

Re: What are my options

stock wheels are 16x8 and 17x9

Comment

corvette wheels will fit with out spacers and there 9.5 wide. as long as your not running autocross you won't have a problem with rubbing.

Comment

Go with chromed ZR1's.lol
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Go with chromed ZR1's.lol
          I feel like it's been a while since you pushed ZR1's! You're losing your touch! ;)

Wheel size isn't so important as the wheel offset. Find a wheel with a +38mm to +50mm offset and for the most part, you'll be in the safe zone for anything 8-10 inches wide.

Moving to suspension.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
            I feel like it's been a while since you pushed ZR1's! You're losing your touch! ;)
            Not a whole lot of people around much anymore to push 'em on. I'm still rocking stockers but holding out for either stock SS rims or z06's in gunmetal

Comment

According to the rpo code in my car it says 7.5

Comment

Unless it came with Hub caps all 4th gen 16" s are 16x8

Comment

Get some OE wheels,they are inexpensive have the proper offset and look great as they are all tried and proven designs for our cars and Vettes.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Camaro_4

Comment

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post

Wheel size isn't so important as the wheel offset. Find a wheel with a +38mm to +50mm offset and for the most part, you'll be in the safe zone for anything 8-10 inches wide.

Moving to suspension.
                    Not too many people looking for rims these days, but I try when I can.lol
                    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Can anyone clarify this for me?
                      I've looked & read so much I just can't get a straight forward answer.

Even though my 93 base fbird originally came with 16x7.5's, will any of the 16x8's fit just fine without the need of any spacers or anything as long as it's from the years 93 to 02?

I'm aiming to have 16x8's with 215/60's on the car. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kellycarl View Post
                        Can anyone clarify this for me?
                        I've looked & read so much I just can't get a straight forward answer.

Even though my 93 base fbird originally came with 16x7.5's, will any of the 16x8's fit just fine without the need of any spacers or anything as long as it's from the years 93 to 02?

I'm aiming to have 16x8's with 215/60's on the car. Thanks
                        Yes. Any of the 4th generation F-body stockers will fit with no spacers, and will not rub as long as you dont put huge tires on them. IMO the 245/50R16's will look way better on stock aluminum wheels.

Comment

Thank you so much for the information ..... very very appreciated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X