QA1 install help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QA1 install help

What the heck...how does the front QA1 shocks bolt to the upper strut mount?

First off, the old bolt at the top was skinnier, and longer...the QA1s I have look like this...

Am I missing something (besides the nut) is there some kinda special adapter plate? Even if I drill the stock strut mount the bolt on the top of the shock is not long enough to protrude to get a nut on it????
    Attached Files

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: QA1 install help

Looks like your missing a spacer for the bottom, for the top I just jack up on the pumpkin until it hits the top to install the top nut.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

theres no way that will go through...that is like half an inch tall, and it has to pass through 2 inches on the mount lol.

looking at a diff picture it looks like I am missing this black piece on top...anyone know what its called? Looks like you MUST be able to buy this separately???

Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, you're missing the top piece that feeds through the chassis. Where'd you get these QA1's?

Comment

got em used off ls1 tech...5000k on them supposedly but Im kicking myself for not having that piece right now.

Any place that rebuilds shocks SHOULD have whatever that thing is called no? I mean, that is the part that rusts itself out on these cars...you cant even make out the threads on my other shocks...

Comment

You should be able to get them. I've seen a company mentioned that does the rebuilds on LS1tech.

http://www.naake.com/

They're mentioned quite a bit actually.

Comment

I stripped the threads on one of those top pieces. You can order those from QA1. It was only a few dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                I stripped the threads on one of those top pieces. You can order those from QA1. It was only a few dollars.
                apparently its a week wait for summit to even get them in, and theyre 30$ a piece :mad:

Comment

I would try and contact QA1 directly.

Comment

got the new piece...got the driverside coil on the car, went to adjust it and the valve is stuck :mad: ...Im guessing its either stuck on 100% soft or 100% stiff. Im pissed...dunno if I got em like that or what, but f*ck me.

They're not coming back off until the car goes down for winter...Im gunna lose my mind if I go one more day without driving this car because of stupid b.s.

Comment

If you can't push the shock in, it's full hard.

Comment

I didn't notice until I had it installed on the car already, so there is no testing it via that way.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X