Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Height

Hey,

I just got a set of Eibach Prokit springs put in my 96 M5 Camaro. I understand that the height from one side to the other isn't going to be exactly even, but how close should it be? Is the left side of the car intentionally a little higher to compensate for the driver's weight? Is there anything else that would affect the height besides the springs? Is there a break-in period? Did Eibach screw me?

Please, please advise!

You won't notice a difference from side to side. Eibach has been around for a while and lots of people have used their stuff so they are a reputable company. I'm not sure why you think you may have gotten screwed
    2000 GTP<br />Thrasher CAI, 3.4\" pulley, DHP PCM<br />Member RedLineVSix<br />Best ET-14.02<br />Best Trap-97.15

Comment

thats how my car sits too. my passenger side is lower than my driver side. thats how most f-bodies sit i think. my guess is b/c of the spare tire on that side. i really want to fix the problem but don't know how. i've thought about cutting the driver side rear spring a little, but i'm kinda sketchy on that idea.
      94 Firebird - Red A4<br /> <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/predatorbird</a>

Comment

The reason I asked is because the sides are slightly different heights. John, the whole reason I went with Eibach is because of their reputation... and the car handles like a dream. ;) Predator, I'm glad to hear that you have the same thing with your car. That's pretty much what I was looking to hear. I didn't want to have the only uneven Camaro... but if most F-Bodies are like that, then I guess it's fine. You know... I never looked (measured) that carefully before it was lowered... it may have very well been slightly off before as well, I just never noticed. I didn't mean to bash Eibach at all.. I still think they are great and I would buy them again. I guess I was just a little peaved at the time. Thanks for the responses.. that was my second post... my first post got no responses. I was beginning to think I had to post for a while before people would answer... kind of like a fraternity.... hehe.. [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img] &lt;-- That is bizarre, but definitely the best one.

Comment

It's not your springs, it's the car. My driver side sat higher with the stock springs too. I just cut a piece off my spring on the drivers side to even it out a lil bit. I'm not advising you to do it though.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X