subframe connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• subframe connectors

what is the difference between the tubular and the 3 point subframe connectors? and what is usually better the bolt in or the weld on ones?

Re: subframe connectors

Originally posted by Lilspleen View Post
    what is the difference between the tubular and the 3 point subframe connectors? and what is usually better the bolt in or the weld on ones?
    I don't see a significant difference between boxed and tubular sfc designs. Comparing 2 point versus 3 point designs; the 3 point should offer a bit more rigidity to the frame, but also more weight due to the extra material. The 2 point sfc are more than sufficient, but IMO the 3 point just look cooler. It also looks like the 3 point hang down a bit lower than the 2 point so you may lose a bit of ground clearance.

I bought the bolt-in to make it easier to weld them on.

Comment

2 point will stiffen it up well enough.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i got the 3 point since im running alot of autocross action and i have t tops. if i had a hard top i would only run the 2 point connectors. weld in are stronger but bolt in are easier. mine are bolt in due to rules for stx class.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X