This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag race suspension setup

I'm kind of curious what everyone thinks is the best suspension for drag racing. I've been doing searches and have come up with a good general idea.

I won't be doing any auto-x but i drive the car a lot especially winter/fall. with summer coming up ill be on my motorcycle 75% of the time though. my only suspension mod so far is boxed LCA's and moog bushings and cheap Auto zone shocks in the rear

I was thinking:

box my PHB and poly bushings
    poly torque arm bushing
    better shocks (adjustable probably)
    bigger rear sway bar
    maybe LCA relocation brackets

is this about right? what am i missing?
    auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
    15.11@91.14
    Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Re: Drag race suspension setup

get the torque arm off the trans and go tunnel mount.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

good idea, whats the advantages? just less stress on the tailshaft?
      auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
      15.11@91.14
      Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

this is my set up

BMR tubular SFC
        BMR Drag bar
        !front sway
        stock shocks and springs
        BMR TQ arm
        Spohn LCAs (still need to go adjustable)
        BMR upper and lower front A Arms

I still wanna get the Tq Arm relocation bracket to get it off the tail shaft.

87 Firebird RIP
        96 Camaro RS RIP
        94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
        02 WS6 TA - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
          I'm kind of curious what everyone thinks is the best suspension for drag racing. I've been doing searches and have come up with a good general idea.

I won't be doing any auto-x but i drive the car a lot especially winter/fall. with summer coming up ill be on my motorcycle 75% of the time though. my only suspension mod so far is boxed LCA's and moog bushings and cheap Auto zone shocks in the rear

I was thinking:

box my PHB and poly bushings
          poly torque arm bushing
          better shocks (adjustable probably)
          bigger rear sway bar
          maybe LCA relocation brackets

is this about right? what am i missing?

Drag racing and "I drive the car a lot in fall/winter" DON'T mix.

Boxed LCA and PHR are NOT for daily drivers - drag racing ONLY.

LCA relocation brackets are for lowered cars.

Bigger rear sway bar? - why? for what? Sway bars are matched to the opposite end spring rate.

I think you need to do a LOT more research before you start modding your suspension.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

i dont really care if it beats the hell outta me. I've had my boxed LCA and moog bushings for almost 2 months now and it dd's perfect,it feels better than before. i have done research. this is from umi themselves on LCA relocation:

Non-Lowered Vehicles: Product installed on a stock height vehicle will also see a great increase in traction by lowering the rearward angle of the lower control arm, allowing more force to be placed on the rear tires. Relocation brackets have two settings to allow the lower control arm to be lowered either 2" or 3", depending on your preference. Settings are placed in a correct pattern that will allow use of all OEM control arms or any aftermarket control arm (brackets do not require a longer control arm.) Brackets installed on a non-lowered F-Body provide a .10 or better 60-foot; reduction and an increase in track consistency.

I have read a lot about people installing them for wheel hop and better traction.

as for the sway bar, rs96 has a drag bar, which is much bigger than anything I want with stock springs shocks and no front sway bar, so I don't really get why my ideas are so outside the realm of reality; I was simply going to pick up a z28 sway bar or something. All i would do is drive a to b and to the strip. I read the sticky "sam strano on 4th gen chassis" and specifically points out that LCA relos and big sway bars are for drag racing. Maybe I just don't get it. What are reason I shouldn't run these items?

New Time:
            15.11@91.14
            Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain65 View Post
              i dont really care if it beats the hell outta me. I've had my boxed LCA and moog bushings for almost 2 months now and it dd's perfect,it feels better than before. i have done research.

Then why are you asking? To waste our time?

It's your car, so do want you want - but DON"T ask for advise and then get pissed when you get told you have no clue what you are doing.

This thread is now CLOSED.
              Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X