Bottoming out on cutout - Spring Question - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottoming out on cutout - Spring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottoming out on cutout - Spring Question

Hey all. I am currently running stock v6 springs and shocks in the rear. I have a sub enclosure and battery in the back which weighs down the backend. I also have an exhaust cutout which has about 4" of clearance at any given point. The problem is that whenever I go over a dip in the road, I am hitting the cutout.

If I installed the stiffer LS1 springs inthe back, would that solve the problem? I really cant even have people ride in the back from the weight.

Any other suggestions?
    SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Re: Bottoming out on cutout - Spring Question

New shocks.

Is your cutout located towards the back of the exhaust before it goes over the axle?

Might also want to make sure your bumpstops are in good condition.

Comment

Yes it is located right before the axle pointing at a 45 to the road.

Why would shocks matter?
      SLP CAI, RK Sport headers, P&Ped heads and intake, GT2 cam, Upgraded valvetrain, Z28 rear axle with 4.10s Tx Spd tune, Z06 rims, 2.5\" exhaust to flowmaster, 160* thermo, B&M ripper, upgraded ignition, rockford fosgate 12\" with sony xplode amp and HU.

Comment

It's a F body, your not supposed to be driving around with people in the back.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
          It's a F body, your not supposed to be driving around with people in the back.
          For the most part I view my backseat area as an extension to the trunk. Passengers back there are mostly in need to do it situations.
          96 White M5 Camaro. Manual everything. Magnaflow cat, dynomax dual outlet axle back. Swapped to a disc rear with 3.42s and a torsen differential, kyb gr2 rear shocks, moog rear endlinks.

Comment

Originally posted by FuryCharger View Post
            Yes it is located right before the axle pointing at a 45 to the road.

Why would shocks matter?
            Yours is pointing down at the road? Mine is parallel to the ground, fits nicely up in the little bump under the passenger rear seat.

Old worn out shocks don't dampen the compression as well. Firmer shocks or newer ones for that matter will help slow the rate of that compression.

Comment

Just put new rear shocks on myself. I was bottoming out but now I'm not.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

mine only hung about .5" lower then the actual piping. You might need to get under there with a hacksaw and a mig and change it up.

back seats arent good for crap, even getting a chick back there can be a hassle, just fold the seat flat haha.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  2 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X