Hotchkis stb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hotchkis stb

I'm running stock springs. I bought my KYB shocks off ebay and the nuts on the tops of the fronts were rusted pretty bad so I didn't want to mess with them. When I go with better (new) shocks ill put better springs on them, I just want to keep the stock height. If I remember right the shocks came off a 98 also, so that could probably mess with the geometry. I don't know if 98-02 had a different rate than 93-97, but I'm using my 97 rear springs with 98 fronts.
    Last edited by espey_16; 03-12-2012, 05:53 PM.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro
    L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I run 21mm rear with rear spings being 1LE's at 130lb-170lb progressive rate.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Looks pretty clean , better than mine with nitrous wires running every where.
        That's because you can't see the crinkled driverside core support, or the green hood hinges haha. My car was totaled twice before I got it.
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro
        L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

I think I'm going with a black one unless I can find it in chrome.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by espey_16 View Post
            I'm running stock springs. I bought my KYB shocks off ebay and the nuts on the tops of the fronts were rusted pretty bad so I didn't want to mess with them. When I go with better (new) shocks ill put better springs on them, I just want to keep the stock height. If I remember right the shocks came off a 98 also, so that could probably mess with the geometry. I don't know if 98-02 had a different rate than 93-97, but I'm using my 97 rear springs with 98 fronts.

You're running a 257/95lb rate. A 21mm rear bar is just crazy with this combo.

http://tech.firebirdv6.com/suspension.html

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Ok cool, ill just have to take it easy till I get the $ to set the suspension up right. I am for sure going to get at least the front bushings on my lca's changed to hard rubber from poly. Thanks for the info.
              1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

You have the springs you're running on your site right? And are they stock height? Nevermind just looked on your site.
                Last edited by espey_16; 03-12-2012, 06:14 PM.
                1997 Chevrolet Camaro

Comment

Ok cool, ill just have to take it easy till I get the $ to set the suspension up right. I am for sure going to get at least the front bushings on my lca's changed to hard rubber from poly. Thanks for the info.
                  Poly LCA bushings increase the effective sway bar rate, so you are already more than 17mm.

Raven

Comment

You have the springs you're running on your site right? And are they stock height? Nevermind just looked on your site.

I have Eibach 1" lowering springs.

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X