Anyone ever replace front A-Arm bushings - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever replace front A-Arm bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever replace front A-Arm bushings

http://www.p-s-t.com/
    Do those help any? There is a fbody kit for $75. I'm going to need to replace ball joints anyway so might as well while I'm in there do something else.

Upper or lower? They are both pains in the arse. I tried and ended up just buying upper and lower a-arms complete off a 01 z28 for $100 which definetly saved a lot of time.
    Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

I've done them on my Chevelle, it uses both upper and lower A-Arms, but same basic idea. You can either take the arms to a shop, and they can press the old ones out, and press the new ones in.
      Otherwise, you can use a large C-clamp, and various diameter pieces of pipe (you'll have to figure out exactly what sizes), and a flat piece of metal, and do the pressing yourself. You use a piece of pipe that matches the outer diameter of the bushing, and use the c-clamp to push the pipe, which pushes the bushing, etc., etc.
      The big thing is making sure that you get the new ones pressed in all the way, and making sure that you don't damage the arm.
      Hope that helps. As 94 said, a pain in the arse, if you do it yourself.
      Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

If you do replace them, keep in mind that there is no difference between a V6 and V8 car on these parts. The only difference is on the 1LE arms which do have different bushings (but which are not sold separately).
        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X