New uhhh everything? Input please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New uhhh everything? Input please!

Okay so here's the deal my car is OLD and has seen lots of Canadian winters, it makes power but man is the body ugly when you pop the hood, and the suspension has remained stock until now :cry:

To rectify this I have so far I have new(so far):

Pan Hard Bar
    Rear LCA (with relocation brackets)
    Track Pak
    Weld in SFC's
    Upper and lower tubular control arms (With new ball joints)
    New K member
    Rag Joint eliminator
    New outer Tie rods
    Complete set of QA1's
    BMR springs for the rear
    Poly Engine mounts
    Poly trans mount

I still need (I think):

Bump stops - Where do I get these?! Edit Bought from Strano for $27.95 for the pair EDIT AGAIN Strano wanted $30 to ship to me, so I just bought the set on ebay for $55 instead of $68

Sway bar end links or sway bars, I am at a loss for what is best for a street/strip car. Edit! Just going to pick up some Moog end links for now

Wheel bearings, these are not bad, but I'm not sure when or if they have ever been changed. A piece of mind item, but they aren't cheap! Any input if aftermarket brands are any good?

Panhard Reloaction kit - I do not NEED this, as my exhaust dumps just before the rear. BUT is it a good idea to have? I mean there's only a rusty piece stamped steel that my sexy new PHB is going to be bolted to. These are pretty darn cheap on E-bay. Worth the $140 for the upgrade? (Includes shipping)

Anything I am missing?
    Last edited by Meemperor; 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM.

Re: New uhhh everything? Input please!

I've no idea if the site is reputable, but...it has bump stops

http://www.v6fixit.com/Products.htm

Comment

Strano has bumpstops.

Comment

Found some on E-bay too:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/93-02-Camaro-...ht_1859wt_1037

Edit: Strano's are only $27 though! :)
        Last edited by Meemperor; 02-15-2012, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Bump stops can be purchased from the dealer still IIRC. They were discontinued for the longest time but came back into production recently. They were on gmpartsdirect I think, but I know they can be hard to find. I got some off a junk yard car and they were in surprisingly excellent condition, although that's usually not the case. Worth checking. Don't go aftermarket on these, the suspension needs the progressiveness of the stock bump stops to function safely and properly.

Edit: Go for those ebay ones. That's cheaper than the last time I saw them for sale, too.

I'd go for energy suspension sway bar bushings and endlinks. The endlinks are normal stock at autozone and the like, and easy enough to swap out. Most will recommend you go with the SS sway bar setup, which is 32/19. This is a safe and significant upgrade and makes a huge difference.

LCA relocation brackets can't hurt, but probably aren't going to benefit you on a stock ride height car with all of those other suspension modifications.
          Last edited by TheGr8Schlotzky; 02-15-2012, 09:19 PM.
          sigpic
          1996 Chevrolet Camaro
          1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
          --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

I picked up the Strano ones, cheap and I will drill the holes in them to make it more progressive.

I already have LCA relocation brackets! Edited post to be more clear, fronts will have the QA1 coil overs and rear is the BMR lowering springs.

Comment

Does the Track pack do your TQ arm, if not I would do the UMI tunnel mount TQ arm, really can tell the dirrerence.
              08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
              96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                Does the Track pack do your TQ arm, if not I would do the UMI tunnel mount TQ arm, really can tell the dirrerence.
                Yup has the cross member and the torque arm :D

Comment

Thats about everything.
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X