Need some shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some shocks

I need all 4 for my 02. The car sways like crazy and the steering response is like driving a boat. Does anyone know where I can get all 4 at a good price?

TEAM C6V6

Re: Need some shocks

If you're looking for cheapo shocks, advance auto or napa or a parts store like that will be fine.

I recommend the bilsteins all around though. I put them on my bird all the way around. I'd say it was definitely worth a little extra cash for the better shocks. They do an especially good job of keeping the rear wheels on the ground when you hit bumps while turning, the old worn ones would do a little bit of a hop.

Comment

I had the HD Bilsteins and I liked them also. Cant remember where I bought them from though.
      Dave:
      00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
      97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by dmw319 View Post
        I had the HD Bilsteins and I liked them also. Cant remember where I bought them from though.
        I got mine from tirerack, had to wait about a month until they got more stock, but they were very good about customer service during that time.

Comment

http://proamauto.com/page15bcs9.htm

This is where I got mine.Cheapest I could find.Hope it helps.

Comment

You could go KYB 's adj. also. They have them on ebay.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I got the AGX. They work.

Comment

Yeah I have the KYB's on my 98 and I like them but the 02 is more of a showy car than a go fast car but it definitely needs more stability. I will check out those sites when I get more time. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

I'm pretty happy with my kyb agx, except I havnt really figured out what setting to put them on.
                  1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                  L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

Espey, I'm running 4/3 right now. I would change the front lower, but I'm lazy.

Comment

I've got them set at 6/4 right now, but the rear still seems too soft. I'm also too lazy to change the rears.
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro
                      L26, Pacesetter headers, SLP cai, Centerforce DF clutch, Pro 5.0 shifter, UMI short stick, 1le driveline, J&M 35mm front swaybar, UMI lca's/phb/sfc's, KYB AGX shocks, Hotchkis stb.

Comment

HD bils

Comment

i have the AGX also and love them set to 4 and 4 but i have them paired with hotchkis springs so the car fells completely different. A friend of mine who helped me install them said it felt like he had his 90 corvette back. i know its not that good but i love them it stabilizes the car so well i can enter turns under hard braking and it doesn't feel like the rear is going to swing around any more.

Comment

blizz what's your price range brah?

lmperformance.com has some decent deals and you can find nice shocks on ebay too. im pretty happy with my kyb's but whenever the time comes for me to do them again (be it the ballermaro or if i pick up a new ride) i'd go hd bilsteins or kyb agx for best bang for your buck. if the pockets are deep enough then i'd highly recommend QA-1's but i doubt you'll wanna spend that much haha
                            pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                            gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

are the shocks on the '02 still factory DeCarbons? if so, really anything would be an upgrade so you wouldnt have to dish out much for some gains.

(oh yeah and btw.....2000 posts!! :D)
                              pacesetters|full 3" borla exhaust|3" stainless e-cutout|slp cai & ram intake|c/f whisper lid|tbs|eibach|kyb|stb|sfc's|adj.lca's & phb|slp fan|b&m t5|180*|z06 17x9.5|8000k hids|hptuners|d/s rotors

sigpic
                              gone in body, but not in spirit

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                2 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X